Let me tell you a little secret: I'm obsessed with beauty products & makeup. I wanted to share my favorites with you so I rounded up my cleanest go-to products that I use all the time. I really couldn't live without them! They're my non-negotiables when it comes to looking and feeling my best. I've learned over the years that it's not a bad idea to test out lots of brands and recipes to find what you like, and for me, natural always wins. I linked each product to shop on amazon so you can test them out yourself! Enjoy, beauties. xo
1. LUSH No Drought dry shampoo - Let's be honest...I don't wash my hair every day, nor do I need to. This dry shampoo smells like grapefruit and keeps my hair voluminous. It's natural, vegan, and not tested on animals. I throw this into my work bag on days when I need an extra lift. This is the product that has worked best for me after testing other dry shampoos.
2. Coconut Oil - I use organic, cold pressed coconut oil for so many things, but my favorite use is as a makeup remover. It cleans everything off my face. As an added bonus, it's extremely moisturizing. No burning chemicals or nasty additives here!
3. Water -As far as beauty goes, water is my #1 recommendation for so many wonderful beauty benefits like a clear complexion, feeling alive and energized, accelerated weight loss, flushing out toxins, keeping your digestion and bowels working properly, hydrating every organ in your body including the skin (our skin is the largest organ of the body!) , a radiant glow, young looking skin, and lubricating your joints and muscles.
4. Dr. Bronner Organic Peppermint Castile Liquid Soap - This soap is the holy grail of soaps. It cleanses thoroughly while the coconut oil leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. It also is my shaving cream.
5. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay - This stuff really goes deep and pulls dirt & toxins from your pores. It's 100% natural bentonite clay. Your skin will feel like a clean slate after you use it. It's super exfoliant, so don't forget to follow with a hydrating moisturizing cream.
6. DIY body scrub - I love making my own body scrubs because I can customize exactly what goes into them. They exfoliate my skin (perfect for a pre-shave) and keep me nice and hydrated. Not to mention they smell delicious - I add essential oil blends for an aromatherapy effect. Click here for my blog post on how to make your own!
7. Lip scrub - you can use the recipe from my DIY body scrub here, or you can go out and buy one. Either works fine. I like the brands Fresh and LUSH for their scrubs. Just like it's important to exfoliate your body, you can't forget about your lips! I use a lip scrub once a week and I NEVER have chapped or peeling lips. EVER. (I used to struggle with dry lips) I always follow up with a rich, hydrating lip balm to lock in the moisture and keep my lips kissable ;)